Caprese Salad Skewers
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, washed
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese, cillegine (mini balls), rinsed
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, washed and left whole
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling (This can be found in most supermarkets)
- Toothpicks or bamboo skewers
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Thread one of each mozzarella ball, basil leaf and tomato onto each toothpick. Arrange onto a platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze and cracked black pepper. Cover and refrigerate. Can be made 2 hours ahead of time. Bring to room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
Variations: Substitute basil oil or pesto for the balsamic drizzle.